#Buhari visits Lagos
- Other Apps
Creative Arts Solution
a non-gvernmental foundation
This is what president will be up to when he visits Lagos (see the Whole List)
President Muhammadu Buhari is due in Lagos from Thursday March 29 to Friday March 30, 2018.
For Lagosians who are wondering what the president would be up to when he shows up in their city, here’s what Buhari’s itinerary will look like.
PS: The schedule below is subject to slight changes, but hey, we tried.
Thursday, March 29:
1. Lagos will be observing a public holiday.
2. President Buhari touches down in Ikeja and then clambers into a waiting motorcade.
3. This motorcade takes Buhari to the Ikeja bus terminal which sits pretty at the intersection of Airport Road and Simbiat Abiola way. Sorry Computer Village, you won't be in business this once.
4. Buhari commissions Ikeja bus terminal and heads for the Eko Convention Centre (Eko Hotel) in Victoria Island.
5. The Eko Convention Centre is where the 10th Bola Tinubu Colloquium would be holding in honour of Asiwaju’s 66th birthday.
6. Buhari is Chairman of the event which runs on the theme: 'Investing in People'.
7. The event starts at 10:30am which means expect certain major roads to be closed to traffic; from the Mainland to the Island.
8. The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, CP Imohimi Edgal, says there would be temporary road closure and diversions in the following areas: “Ikeja, Maryland, Agege Motor Road, Victoria Island and Ikoyi axis".
That’s basically the spine of the nation’s commercial capital shut down.
9. But not to worry, Edgal says traffic will be managed so well, you won’t even notice the disruption the president's visit will bring.
10. "Security engagements are in top gear, as we are working with the Federal Road Safety Corps, Nigerian Navy, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) and the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA).
”We have done threat assessment and engaged all stakeholders such as the National Union of Road Transport Workers and commercial bike riders. We are appealing that they abide by our agreement at the meeting.
”This is to ensure that Mr President’s visit to Lagos is smooth, safe and hitch-free, ” Edgal says.
11. All blocked roads will be immediately re-opened as soon as the president’s motorcade breezes past, they say.
12. So, there you have it—don’t lose any sleep. This will all be over before you know it.
Friday, March 30
13. Buhari is probably chilling at the Lagos House in Marina or somewhere more exquisite and upbeat, to receive visitors.
14. Later in the day, he heads out to tour theEko Atlantic City on Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island.
15. Remember, there are still traffic restrictions on Day 2 of Buhari’s visit to Lagos.
It’s a Friday and a public holiday so, sitting that butt at home and going through your social media feed is going to be your best bet, trust us.
16. Buhari heads for the official flag-off ceremony of the construction of the Lekki Deep Sea Port Project in Epe.
17. And then as evening nears, he begins to pack his bags to leave Lagos for Abuja.
18. Buhari is chauffeur driven to the airport in Ikeja and off he goes until the next election campaign season.
And that’s a wrap as far as we know.